UPC barcodes in pure postscript

This forum is devoted to showing off and discussing open source and free software we use and/or think is worth while. If you're looking for software, post your need here and we'll make a suggestion.

Moderator: forhire

UPC barcodes in pure postscript

Postby forhire » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:07 am

I generate most of our internal printing (invoices, labels, etc) in postscript. I have a customer who wants to do their labels in the same way. After some looking around I found this. WORKS REALLY SLICK!

http://www.terryburton.co.uk/barcodewriter/

From the web site:
Barcode Writer in Pure Postscript is an award-winning open source barcode maker, as used by NASA, that facilitates the printing of all major barcode symbologies entirely within level 2 PostScript, ideal for variable data printing. The complete process of generating printed barcodes is performed entirely within the printer (or print system) so that it is no longer the responsibility of your application or a library. There is no need for any barcode fonts and the flexibility offered by direct PostScript means you can avoid re-implementing barcode generator code, or migrating to new libraries, whenever your project language needs change.

It makes including any barcode within a PostScript document as simple as inserting the following directive:

50 450 moveto (1-86074-271) (includetext) isbn barcode
forhire
Site Admin

Re: UPC barcodes in pure postscript

Postby forhire » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:12 pm

rubiadia wrote:What software does US Army use to barcode medical records? Does anyone know what the active duty side uses? I am trying to find authorized software to barcode army medical records for national guard, and my J6 doesn't know what software to put on our computers.

I've never seen the bar code. Maybe if you have picture of one then a match could be found?
forhire
Site Admin

Return to Open Source Software